50. Ke$ha – We R Who We R
Terrible song, as are all the other Ke$ha songs. I’m pretty sure that she will disappear in a couple of years and no one will remember her name. She can’t even sing. The lyrics have no meaning. The beats are forgettable.
49. Elizabeth Cook – El Camino
A pretty good song. Funny, bluesy. I wouldn’t listen to it on repeat, but i wouldn’t turn it off if it was playing somewhere.
48. Das Racist – hahahaha jk?
It’s alright, although i think i’ve heard this beat before….
47. Kid Rock – Born Free
I hate Kid Rock. And even if I can enjoy laughing at his earlier stuff, this i actually feel guilty about laughing at. It’s so serious and epic that… ummm.. i’m at loss of words.
46. MGMT – Congratulations
I like MGMT. And even though this album might not be as catchy as their first, i find it very relaxing and nice. like a lazy sunday afternoon. 🙂 And it’s a very touching and sad video 🙁
45. The Rolling Stones – Plundered My Soul
I was never a big fan of the Stones overall, although they do have some songs that i can play over and over again. This song however is very cliche musically. It sounds like a last gasp of air before dying, really. They should’ve retired a long time ago.
44. Neil Young – Love And War
I personally never got Neil Young. But i never held anything against him either. And i actually liked this song. I would actually go as far as checking out more of his stuff after listening to this. It’s simple without being pretentious.
43. B.o.B – Nothin’ On You (feat. Bruno Mars)
The thing that i like about that whole group of artists (B.o.B., Bruno Mars, Travie McCoy) is that all of their songs are very positive and they make me smile. Although this one is sooooooooooooooo cheesy 🙂 It’s a guilty pleasure 😛
42. Surfer Blood – Floating Vibes
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!! Me like! cheer-y, surf-y.It’s like an old sweater, too old to be worn in public but too loved to be thrown out.
41. Junip – In Every Direction
I like the bass in this song. i actually just like this song.
40. Kanye West – POWER
wow he’s so full of himself. The beat is nice though. But no, he’s too full of himself. Must ban!
39. The Gaslight Anthem – The Diamond Church Street Choir
Sounds like Bruce Springsteen. i have effing Bruce Springsteen. it all sounds the same, for Christ’s sake!!!!
38. Spoon – The Mystery Zone
Spoon are alright. They aren’t the best band in the world, but they are good.
37. Lloyd Banks feat. Juelz Santana – Beamer, Benz, or Bentley
OMG! This is awesome and here i thought that the times when you could openly laugh at rappers passed with the early 2000s. This is a gem! it’s my new favourite song!!!!! i’m sorry this is too good to be true.
36. Drake – Up All Night (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
sick bass 🙂 not bad for a Degrassi guy 😛
35. Massive Attack feat. Hope Sandoval – Paradise Circus
Massive Attack are awesome. that’s all.
34. Gorillaz feat. Mos Def and Bobby Womack – Stylo
Honestly, i was disappointed with Plastic Beach altogether. It’s too mellow and non of the songs on the album really grabbed my attention. The video for this song is epic though. Bruce Willis, yum!
33. Wavves – Post Acid
I like! Very punky. Although i would reduce the noise level just a bit on this one.
32. Die Antwoord – Enter the Ninja
I honestly don’t get this band. Although i wouldn’t mind dancing to this song while drunk out of my mind.
31. Gil Scott-Heron – I’m New Here
30. Jakob Dylan -Nothing but the Whole Wide World
Wow, i guess he finally came to accept that he IS Bob Dylan’s son. Nice but nothing special
29. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – The Trip to Pirate’s Cove
ahhhh, a classic Petty tune 🙂 honey to my ears. Best song on the list so far, by far.
28. Band of Horses – Laredo
27. The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio
I was kinda scared to listen to this song, because i love their Alligator album, but i haven’t listened to anything else from them because i didn’t want to be disappointed by this band. But i’m glad i’ve finally listened to this, cause it’s as great as their old stuff. 🙂
26. Robyn – Dancing on My Own
I just hate how trends produce millions of copies of the same songs with slightly modified lyrics. i like La Roux, she has a more interesting voice, truly 80s beats and interesting lyrics.
25. Nicki Minaj – Did It On’em
It sounds like every other hip-hop song…
24. Eminem – Not Afraid
really? Go on College Humor and check out the parody, bitches!
23. Jamey Johnson- Macon
It’s alright. too southern for my taste.
22. Rick Ross feat. Styles P – B.M.F. (Blowin’ Money Fast)
gangsta! but meh…
21. Sleigh Bells – Infinity Guitars
Are they trying to be The Kills? o.O FAIL!!!!!!
20. Best Coast – Boyfriend
are they trying to be The Reveonettes? O.o ok, fine, it’s alright. but still!
19. The New Pornographers – Your Hands (Together)
They are still alive? It’s pretty good!
18. Jenny and Johnny – Scissor Runner
it’s alright. nothing special. if i listen to it more then five times i’ll prolly puke.
17. LCD Soundsystem – I Can Change
16. Cold War Kids – Coffee Spoon
15. Drake – Over
ewww, autotune! puke reflex!!!!!!
14. Big Boi feat. Cutty – Shutterbugg
Funny video. alright song.
13. The Dead Weather – Hustle and Cuss
Probably one of the best songs of 2010!
12. Mark Ronson & The Business Intl – Bang Bang Bang
11. The Black Keys – Everlasting Light
One of my favourite songs on the album. probably the best song on this list <3
10. Kanye West – Monster ft. Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj, Bon Iver
9. Broken Bells – The Ghost Inside
Was that a song or was it just some noise in the background?
8. Janelle Monáe feat. Big Boi – Tightrope
Very James Brown-ish! Me like!
7. Vampire Weekend – White Sky
6. Mavis Staples – You Are Not Alone
soooooo hymn-like. i’m not big on hymns.
5. Arcade Fire – We Used to Wait
Pretty good for a comeback, but still not even close to the power of Rebellion (Lies).
4. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
Watch the parody on College Humor. the original sucks 😉
3. Sade – Soldier of Love
Sade is a great singer, but i like her older stuff better.
2. Cee Lo Green – F**k You
A guilty pleasure. Funny, funky, smooth 🙂
1. Kanye West feat. Pusha T – Runaway
it’s an alright song, but i don’t get why people give it so much praise?
Conclusion: Why the fuck is everyone making such mediocre music? And why do people buy into it???