My name is Raya P Morrison
I'm an editor with strengths in copy and stylistic editing, production and strategy.
I own and operate a literary journal called Blood & Bourbon magazine, where I curate the published pieces and manage talent and editorial staff among other things. I also work as a digital quality assurance specialist in-house at Shoppers Drug Mart. During my hours outside of 9-to-5, I love to volunteer for Editors Toronto.
I might or might not talk your ear off about dystopian sci-fi, music and music history, tarot and divination, calligraphy, ballet and highland dancing, yoga and meditation, minimalism and sustainable living. I will at the same time maintain a professional demeanour. The health and progress of your manuscript will always come first. I hope you're in for the ride!
My Professional Highlights
◦ Professional editor with over five years of experience and certification from George Brown College.
◦ Editors Toronto, the largest branch of Editors Canada, co-chair for the 2020–21 term.
◦ Editors Toronto communications chair for the 2019–20 term.
◦ Owner and editor-in-chief of the bi-annual literary journal Blood & Bourbon.
◦ Speaker for the Editors Toronto monthly meeting in February 2020 on the topic of website design.
◦ Recipient of Volunteer of the Month for Editors Canada, awarded in February 2020.
◦ Lead on the Foundational Skills Testing Platform task force for Editors Canada in summer 2019.
◦ Lead on the green initiative at Diamond Integrated Marketing since 2018.
◦ Recipient of Killin’ It Award at Diamond Integrated Marketing in 2017 for going beyond the tasks of the role.
◦ Recipient of a Company Spirit Award at Stephen Thomas Ltd in 2016 for embracing company vision.
◦ Held the Certified Associate in Project Management designation from Project Management Institute from 2015 to 2020.
"Raya is knowledgeable, intelligent, professional and she possesses an outstanding, and rare, spirit and energy level. It was a pleasure to work with Raya.” –Mark Susnik, Manager, Tech Department, IRIS Power