My name is Raya P Morrison
I'm an editor with strengths in copy and stylistic editing, production and strategy.
I am the Editor-in-Chief at Blood & Bourbon magazine, where I curate the published pieces and manage talent and editorial staff. I also work as a stylistic and copy editor in-house at Diamond Integrated Marketing. During my off hours, I love to volunteer for Editors Toronto and Editors Canada.
I might or might not talk your ear off about dystopian sci-fi, music and music history, tarot and divination, calligraphy, ballet and highland dancing, yoga and meditation, minimalism and sustainable living. I will at the same time maintain professional demeanour. The health and progress of your manuscript will always come first. I hope you're in for the ride!
My Professional Highlights
◦ Certified Associate in Project Management in good standing, Project Management Institute.
◦ Certified Professional Editor with over four years of experience in the publishing industry.
◦ Member of Editors Canada in good standing.
◦ Assistant to Programs Chair for Editors Canada Toronto Branch.
◦ Web Master for Editors Canada Annual Conference 2018 and 2019.
◦ Recipient of Ace of Diamonds Killin' It award at Diamond Integrated Marketing in 2017 for always being eager to lend a hand.
◦ Recipient of a Company Spirit Award at Stephen Thomas Ltd in 2016 for embracing company vision and passion.
◦ Winner of the Camp NaNoWriMo writing contest in July 2018 and July 2017.
"Raya is knowledgeable, intelligent, professional and she possesses an outstanding, and rare, spirit and energy level. It was a pleasure to work with Raya.” –Mark Susnik, Manager, Tech Department, IRIS Power