Stylistic and Copy editing
Edited the manuscript to clarify the meaning and refine the language, including:
- eliminating jargon, clichés, repetitions and euphemisms
- establishing or maintaining the language level appropriate for the intended audience, medium, and purpose
- establishing or maintaining tone, mood, style, and authorial voice or level of formality
Edited the novel for correctness, accuracy, consistency and completeness, including:
- editing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage
- checking for consistency and continuity of mechanics and facts, including anachronisms, character names, and relationships
- developing a style sheet or following one that is provided
- correcting or querying general information that should be checked for accuracy
Plagued by a years-long drought and a heat wave, the Kingdom of Banaizya and the Empire of Ackuste are pushed ever further towards famine. Tensions rise as the Emperor of Ackuste calls upon the King of Banaizya to renegotiate their centuries-long, but fragile, peace.
Foreseeing an inevitable armed conflict, Andras, a ranger in the Banaizyan Army, opts to send his two daughters on a journey across Ackusten lands to safety, their only hope to escape destruction that surely will befall their home city of Varustos.
On their journey, Andras’s eldest daughter, Amalia, discovers a strange power that dwells within her. One not seen in this world for hundreds of years.