My name is Raya P Morrison
I'm an editor with strengths in copy and stylistic editing, production and strategy.
I am currently working towards an Editing Certificate at George Brown College and hoping to get it this autumn. I am contributing to Blood & Bourbon magazine as an editor and a writer. I have also provided my skills as a technical translator to IRIS Power.
I might or might not talk your ear off about dystopian sci-fi, music and music history, tarot and divination, calligraphy, ballet and highland dancing, yoga and meditation, minimalism and sustainable living. I will at the same time maintain professional demeanour. The health and progress of your manuscript will always come first. I hope you're in for the ride!
My Professional Highlights
◦ Certified Associate in Project Management in good standing, Project Management Institute.
◦ Professional Editor with over three years of experience in the publishing industry.
◦ Member of Editors Canada in good standing.
◦ Assistant to Programs Chair for Editors Canada Toronto Branch.
◦ Recipient of Ace of Diamonds Killin' It award at Diamond Integrated Marketing in 2017 for always being eager to lend a hand.
◦ Recipient of a Company Spirit Award at Stephen Thomas Ltd in 2016 for embracing company vision and passion.
◦ Winner of the Camp NaNoWriMo writing contest in July 2017.
"Raya is knowledgeable, intelligent, professional and she possesses an outstanding, and rare, spirit and energy level. It was a pleasure to work with Raya.” –Mark Susnik, Manager, Tech Department, IRIS Power