My name is Raya Pomelkova.
I'm an Editor with over 3 years of experience in journalism and publishing sectors. My strengths reside in copyediting, production editing and strategy.
I am currently working towards an Editing Certificate at George Brown college. I have most recently contributed to Blood & Bourbon magazine as an editor and a writer. I have also provided her skills as a technical translator to IRIS Power.I am looking for a position as a Managing Editor that would challenge me and push me to learn new techniques and create streamlined processes.
My interests include fiction, music and music history, tarot and divination, calligraphy, ballet and highland dancing, yoga and meditation.
MY PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
◦ Certified Associate in Project Management in good standing, Project Management Institute.
◦ Professional Editor with over 3 (three) years of experience in the publishing industry.
◦ Member of Editors Canada in good standing.
◦ Rockstar results-oriented achiever, who always meets deadlines and budget requirements by applying problem-solving skills, creativity, optimism and negotiation skills to every project.
◦ Professional, detail-oriented and dedicated individual, with excellent communication and presentation skills.