My name is Raya Pomelkova.
I'm a Managing Editor with over 3 years of experience in journalism and publishing sectors. My strengths reside in copyediting, production editing and strategy.
I am currently working towards an Editing Certificate at George Brown College. I have won Camp NaNoWriMo 2017 this summer, and am now working on my first novel. I am contributing to Blood & Bourbon magazine as an editor and a writer. I have also provided my skills as a technical translator to IRIS Power. I am looking for a position as a Managing Editor that would challenge me and push me to learn new techniques and create streamlined processes.
My interests include fiction, music and music history, tarot and divination, calligraphy, ballet and highland dancing, yoga and meditation.
MY PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
◦ Certified Associate in Project Management in good standing, Project Management Institute.
◦ Professional Editor with over 3 (three) years of experience in the publishing industry.
◦ Member of Editors Canada in good standing.
◦ Recipient of a Company Spirit Award at Stephen Thomas Ltd in 2016 for embracing company vision and passion.
◦ Winner of the Camp NaNoWriMo writing contest in July 2017.